[4.1.1] Extending core-web

monzonj

Sep 1, 2017, 8:54:08 AM9/1/17
to dotCMS User Group
Hello,

We were wondering how we can extend https://github.com/dotCMS/core-web in order to add new custom features or override existing ones

The project seems straight forward to compile, but after the asserts are generated (JS and CSS), how do we deploy them into the CMS?

Best Regards,

Jason Tesser

Sep 1, 2017, 10:39:32 AM9/1/17
to dotCMS User Group
So to speak to what you are after in adding custom features I would look into our plugins which add backend portlets

I would go this way rather then mess with core-web.  You can get into core-web and use it and it generates a packages that gets dropped under dotAdmin but I would think writing your own portlets

--
http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management