Optimizing dotCMS Performance Partitioning Hard Drives

Lex Medeiros

Dec 26, 2017, 10:02:29 PM12/26/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

"Make sure the /dotCMS/dotsecure directory and the /assets directories are on fast disks and the log files are in separate partitions or disks"

I have a large disk and I will partition it to set a region for the log files.  My question is what percentage of the disk should I reserve for the log files?

Thank you,

Alex

Jason Tesser

Dec 26, 2017, 10:16:00 PM12/26/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com
It really depends on how often you roll the logs or how often you clean the directory.  Traffic and such would determine the size of the logs so not a fixed amount

--
http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management

Lex Medeiros