[4.0.1] Cache API question.

Nathan Keiter

Aug 30, 2017, 6:04:01 PM8/30/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com

I am getting a null return value for known existing names… what am I doing wrong? I tried flushing the relationships cache, no change.  In fact every relationship I try to pull returns null.

Relationship x = relationshipCache.getRelationshipByName( “name” );

Returns null.

Nathan I. Keiter | Lead Network Applications Programmer | Benefits Advisory Council Member | I.D.E.A Council Member
Gettysburg College | Information Technology | DataSystems
Campus Box 2453 | 300 North Washington Street | Gettysburg, PA 17325
Phone: 717.337.6993

https://www.gettysburg.edu

Nathan Keiter

Aug 30, 2017, 6:23:17 PM8/30/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com

I found that RelationshipFactory.getRelationshipByRelationTypeValue( “name” ) works…

Under the hood this checks the cache first and then the DB. I’m not seeing a cache fail in the log with that method..

--
http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management

Nathan Keiter

Aug 30, 2017, 6:26:59 PM8/30/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com

I’ll use the Factory for now.  Still wondering why the cache isn’t working.