Agile Upgrade from 20.11.1 to 21.06

Alex

Jul 25, 2021, 10:58:00 AM7/25/21
to dotCMS User Group
Dear Group:

I tried to upgrade from 20.11.1 to 21.06.  When I executed the startup.sh script I get this error, either using Java 8 or Java 11. Any ideas what I have to do to fix this?

:/opt/dotcms-21.06/bin# ./startup.sh

JAVA_VERSION: 11.0

./startup.sh: 76: Syntax error: "(" unexpected (expecting ")")

When I look at the script startup.sh on line 76 takes me to this if expression:

# Lexicographic comparation

if [[ (($JAVA_VERSION < 11.0)) ]]; then

  BYTE_BUDDY_VERSION="1.6.12";

fi

Regards,

Alex

Falzone, Chris

Jul 26, 2021, 8:53:36 AM7/26/21
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Not exactly sure on that one .. if you back up one directory and run ./bin/startup.sh does it work correctly?  I think it is intended to run in the base directory, not from the bin directory directly.

--
http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management

Christopher Falzone

DevOps Engineer

A Q U E N T  /  VITAMIN T

Daniel Silva

Jul 26, 2021, 12:04:35 PM7/26/21
to dotCMS User Group
Hi Alex,

Try any of these:
* Replace the shebang from #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/bash in the first line of the startup.sh
* Run with `bash bin/startup.sh` instead of `./bin/startup.sh`

Daniel

Lex Medeiros

Jul 27, 2021, 5:13:23 AM7/27/21
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Dear Daniel:

Thank you so much for the instructions!  It worked!

Alex

Lex Medeiros

Jul 27, 2021, 5:36:55 AM7/27/21
to dot...@googlegroups.com