Back end logs me out after 5 or 6 seconds with no reason

Lex Medeiros

Jan 2, 2018, 1:07:08 PM1/2/18
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am running 3.7.1.  I moved my instance to another server with Java 1.8 and Postgresql 9.6.

The front end works perfectly, but when I log in the back end.  It accepts my user id and password.  It displays the dashboard.  When I click something it logs me out or if I leave it for 5 or 6 seconds it logs me out back to the login page.

I did not change any settings on the instance.  I checked the logs and I get no errors neither on catalina.out or dotcms.log.

Any ideas what I could be facing?

Thank you,

Alex

Alex

Jan 2, 2018, 1:40:15 PM1/2/18
to dotCMS User Group
Here are some console errors I found: Error: dwr.engine.missingData, No data received from server

Thanks for any pointers!

Alex

Chris Falzone

Jan 2, 2018, 3:55:57 PM1/2/18
to dot...@googlegroups.com
It is a load-balanced environment?  Or is there a proxy server in front of it?  Could be that it is not maintaining the session?

--
http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management

Lex Medeiros

Chris Falzone

Nathan Keiter

Jan 3, 2018, 11:34:22 AM1/3/18
to dot...@googlegroups.com

DWR missing data is probably because you are logged out. So DWR cannot fetch data.

Nathan I. Keiter | Lead Network Applications Programmer | Benefits Advisory Council Member | I.D.E.A Council Member
Gettysburg College | Information Technology | DataSystems
Campus Box 2453 | 300 North Washington Street | Gettysburg, PA 17325
Phone: 717.337.6993

https://www.gettysburg.edu

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dotcms/fb70e13b-2d41-4bbf-aaac-668d72f37446%40googlegroups.com.

http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management

http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management

Alex

Jan 3, 2018, 11:59:00 AM1/3/18
to dotCMS User Group
Chris,

The only difference in this instance is that the OS is Ubuntu 17.04 (Zesty Zapus).  Would that have something to do with it?

I am going to try to upgrade the dotcms to 4.2 to see if the problem fades away.

Alex

Alex

Jan 3, 2018, 4:36:33 PM1/3/18
to dotCMS User Group
Chris -

I dropped the database and all the assets and installed dotCMS with its demo content on our development environment.  I am able to log in without any problems.

Is there a configuration I could have set up incorrectly that could be interrupting the user session? I am also coming from dotCMS 1.9 heritage.

Thanks,

Alex

Alex

Jan 3, 2018, 5:00:36 PM1/3/18
to dotCMS User Group
I discovered something in my plugins make the connection drop.

Thanks for all the help!