[4.1.1] REST endpoint not getting logged in user.

Nathan Keiter

Oct 25, 2017, 4:09:50 PM10/25/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com

I am logged in to our site (via HTTPS)

In the same browser, different tab, I am hitting my REST endpoint (via HTTP)

User is coming through as anonymous instead of me? ( initDataObject.getUser() )

The only thing I can think of is that one is HTTPS and one is HTTP, but the REST endpoint won’t work over HTTPS (different thread)

Why is my logged in user not getting picked up by the REST endpoint?

Nathan I. Keiter | Lead Network Applications Programmer | Benefits Advisory Council Member | I.D.E.A Council Member
Gettysburg College | Information Technology | DataSystems
Campus Box 2453 | 300 North Washington Street | Gettysburg, PA 17325
Phone: 717.337.6993

https://www.gettysburg.edu

Maarten Daalder

Oct 25, 2017, 5:37:20 PM10/25/17
to dotCMS User Group
Hi Nathan,

This is either the secure flag on the session cookie (meaning the session cookie won't ever be transmitted over HTTP) or the browser seeing the HTTP and HTTPS endpoints as two different domains/origns, and thus not sending the session cookie from the HTTPS domain/origin to the HTTP domain/origin.

With kind regards,
Maarten Daalder
ISAAC

Nathan Keiter