dotCMS ContentAsset without identifier throws ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException exception (HTTP 500 error)

dile...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2017, 8:41:13 AM8/28/17
to dotCMS User Group
Hi,

When you visit the contentAsset URL without the required parameters, such as the export path and identifier, an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException exception is thrown.

You can test this by visiting the following URL https://demo.dotcms.com/contentAsset and you'll end up with an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException shown in the logs and the user will face the HTTP 500 Response Code page.

I think this is caused by the uri.split function that tries to access the exportPath and uuid, which are not passed, see https://github.com/dotCMS/core/blob/6531f1696438462db38f2f2d5c0f0b4890ee0d7f/dotCMS/src/main/java/com/dotmarketing/servlets/BinaryExporterServlet.java#L124

Wouldn't it be better if this was handled differently? Without throwing a 500 error and ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException?

I've created a GitHub issue for this already: https://github.com/dotCMS/core/issues/12433

Thank you!

Jason Tesser

Aug 28, 2017, 9:01:15 AM8/28/17
to dotCMS User Group
sure but we do not support calling it this way.  but yea failing cleaning would be ok here

--
http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management