Unable to upload files on fresh install of DotCms via Docker

ugur ata

Nov 11, 2022, 7:43:32 AM11/11/22
to dotCMS User Group
We installed DotCms via docker method (docker-compose file provided by DotCms)

Version is 22.09 (9/13/2022)

We can upload a Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1) file but most other formats do not work. We tried h265, VP8, VP9, AV1, webm etc

and as a result we have the below error:

07:40:49.754  WARN  web.ContentletWebAPIImpl - Contentlet with id:`Unknown/New` and title:`sample1` has invalid / missing field(s).
List of non valid fields
REQUIRED: fileAsset/File Asset

I couldn't find a list of supported media formats but I checked that the docker image is built on Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS and usually in Ubuntu you can install codecs via

$ sudo apt install ubuntu-restricted-extras

Not sure whether I can install this package inside the docker container or may be there is a docker image with this package included.

Can you please help ?

Thanks in advance

Ugur Ata

Will Ezell

Nov 11, 2022, 11:10:40 AM11/11/22
to dot...@googlegroups.com
What are you trying to do exactly?  Upload videos or codecs?   I just uploaded a h265 encoded video to demo and it is coming back with the correct mime type - content-type: video/mp4.  You can play it here:

https://demo.dotcms.com/dA/fa49d4f67d/asset/Tractor_500kbps_x265.mp4

--
http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management

382 NE 191st St #92150
Miami, Florida 33179-3899
Main:
305-900-2001 | Direct: 978.294.9429

Uğur ATA

Nov 13, 2022, 11:48:12 AM11/13/22
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Hi

The video file was encoded with "Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1) " That is what VLC says. When we upload such a file it is parsed and identified as a video file and we can save it but H265, VP8, VP9, AV1 these are not identified. I would like to know how you can upload a H265 encoded file for example because that doesn't work on our setup.

Regards

Ugur Ata

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "dotCMS User Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dotcms/CAPL0VyH3QgWM85M3kX5RoqW%3Dt3xq2OdEYctb%3D2i5XrgzdKs9zQ%40mail.gmail.com.

ugur ata

Nov 14, 2022, 2:50:09 AM11/14/22
to dotCMS User Group
Hi

We figured out that it was a limitation of Nginx in front. After increasing http body size it worked.

Thanks pointing out the demo web site it helped

Will Ezell

Nov 14, 2022, 9:09:56 AM11/14/22
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Glad to hear you guys figured it out- I didn't have another good answer for you
:P