Live vs Working status

Jonathan Laughlin

Dec 7, 2017, 3:00:22 PM12/7/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com

Hello-

Anyone know a way of determining IN VELOCITY (viewtool or other) whether a piece of content is live or merely “saved?” (working, not published)

I’m trying to have a particular content detail page behave in one way if the content is in a saved-but-not-published state.

Thanks!
Jonathan

Mark Pitely

Dec 7, 2017, 3:10:42 PM12/7/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com
There's no way to tell from the particular piece itself via velocity itself (no commands or information on the content).
However, you should be able to do a query with +live and the content data and see if you get no hits or a different identifier.
If you need code for that let me know how you are getting the content in the first place (i.e. dotcontent.find / dotcontent.pull / URLMap)

http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management