Webmapper releases v 2.3

d.andrew STEWART

Oct 19, 2022, 10:06:02 PM10/19/22
to dot_mapper
Hi everyone. What is the difference between webmapper-macosx-10-standalone.zip and webmapper-macosx-standalone.zip ?

Thanks

d.andrew STEWART

Oct 19, 2022, 10:13:00 PM10/19/22
to dot_mapper
Plus, the Webmapper releases v 2.3 page states, "WebMapper, which will now be released regularly in sync with the libmapper repository". Does this mean that Max and Pd externals will also be compiled to run with Webmapper releases v 2.3 ? The newest release of libmapper that I can find is 2020-10-21 Release <https://github.com/libmapper/webmapper/releases/tag/2.3>

Joseph Malloch

Oct 25, 2022, 9:56:52 PM10/25/22
to dot_m...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the delay responding – I can confirm that the MacOS release download is not runnable as an app. I spent a bit of time today trying to fix this but no success yet, perhaps Brady has some insights?

Remember that if you have libmapper and liblo installed on your machine you can always run webmapper by simply downloading the repository and use the terminal to run “python webmapper.py”. We’ll have the automated app distribution worked out soon but this could get you ginghams in the meantime.

Cheers,
Joe

d.andrew STEWART

Oct 30, 2022, 9:21:58 AM10/30/22
to dot_mapper
Thank you. I'm happy to run Webmapper from source code. But , could use a "how to......". Can you remind me, what is liblo and how do I install it?

Then, I cd to the correct directory and then, execute python webmapper.py, correct?  I suspect I need to install components so that python command line is recognised in terminal, yes?