Webmapper "wait time"

d.andrew STEWART

Oct 29, 2021, 10:25:13 PM10/29/21
to dot_mapper
How's everyone doing?
Simple webmapper question:  Can you remind me, when we open/load a mappings file via webmapper, we can then close webmapper, immediately, yes?  Or, should we wait for complete visualisation of all mappings before closing webmapper?

Joseph Malloch

Oct 31, 2021, 8:51:06 PM10/31/21
to dot_m...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

Waiting for visual confirmation won’t affect the loading process at all so you can close webmapper if you like. There are also other options for session management if you are only using webmapper to load existing mappings rather than designing new ones. Edu and I have been discussing a new session manager for his GuitarAMI that might interest you as well.

Cheers,
Joe

–––
Joseph Malloch, PhD
Assistant Professor
Graphics and Experiential Media Lab,
Faculty of Computer Science, Dalhousie University

On Oct 29, 2021, at 23:25, d.andrew STEWART <dandrew...@gmail.com> wrote:

How's everyone doing?
Simple webmapper question:  Can you remind me, when we open/load a mappings file via webmapper, we can then close webmapper, immediately, yes?  Or, should we wait for complete visualisation of all mappings before closing webmapper?

d.andrew STEWART

Nov 2, 2021, 9:45:23 AM11/2/21
to dot_mapper
Thanks @Joe. That helps.  For session management, I have been dynamically loading mappings via my own Max patch, etc.  However, nothing beats the quick and visually pleasing step of seeing Webmapper in action