Messages to [oscmulticast] inside Max

d.andrew STEWART

Apr 22, 2022, 8:56:33 PM4/22/22
to dot_mapper
Hello.  By chance, can [oscmulticast] inside Max be used to report all source messages being sent to [map.out]?  Does [oscmulticast] take a message to activate this function?
Thanks.  Andrew
PS>  I"ll try to catch up on messages from the last couple of month.  I've been so swamped.  But still moving ahead with a FAUST/HUBS project

Joseph Malloch

Apr 24, 2022, 8:03:03 PM4/24/22
to dot_m...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

[oscmulticast] can only send/listen to the administrative messages from libmapper – stuff like devices declaring themselves. Can you give some more detail on what you are trying to achieve?

Cheers,
Joe