Looking for additional volunteers for the Repair Cafè

Mike Gorman

Nov 30, 2021, 10:07:20 AM11/30/21
to DoES Liverpool
Hi folks,

You hopefully already know that we run a semi regular Repair Cafè in DoES Liverpool, typically once per month on the 3rd Sunday of the month. This month it’s a little different though, as we had to delay the November Repair Cafè as COVID got in the way, so we are running a one-off event in December.

Anyway, although a few members of this group already volunteer for the Repair Cafè already, I thought it worth asking if anyone else is interested in helping with the Repair Cafè.  Ideally, I would like to have a reasonable pool of volunteers, so that people don’t feel compelled to try and come to every event if they don’t want to.

We are not just looking for people with repair skills, as there is also a social side to the Repair Cafè. So people to meet and greet, or show people about the space in DoES would be a great help as well. If you have Repair skills or knowledge to share then that is another excellent potential contribution to the Repair Cafè too.

If you aren’t sure, then just come along on the Repair Cafè day and see what it is like, you never know, you might enjoy it.

So thanks for hearing me out and hopefully I will see some of you at one of our Future Repair Cafe’s

Regards

Mike Gorman
Repair Cafè Organiser

Sean Jarman

Nov 30, 2021, 12:05:26 PM11/30/21
to does-li...@googlegroups.com
My weekend on duty with the youngest.  Might get a brief look-in, but cannot commit to anything.

Sean

Paul Vincent

Dec 1, 2021, 9:24:59 AM12/1/21
to DoES Liverpool
Mike

Quick question would anyone be able to fit a bl touch to a 3d printer and update the software?

Paul

Mike Gorman

Dec 1, 2021, 11:01:36 AM12/1/21
to does-li...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

You might do better to bring your 3D printer along to a Maker Night or Maker day for this sort of thing. There are likely to be more folks with similar interests for this kind of thing than at a Repair Cafe.

The Maker nights are every Thursday night from 6pm and Maker Days are the 2nd Saturday of each month from 10am to 5pm.

Regards

Mike

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "DoES Liverpool" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/does-liverpool/f00ee497-2ec9-4bf2-8aa9-2731bba75442n%40googlegroups.com.

Karl Dunkerley

Dec 2, 2021, 4:09:41 AM12/2/21
to DoES Liverpool
Happy to help out on the meet and greet/providing caffeine infusions to repairers side of things, Busy this weekend but happy to help in future ones.