Hack the Space / TIdying

jacki...@hotmail.com

May 7, 2022, 9:26:52 AM5/7/22
to DoES Liverpool
Hi

Given the pandemic, it's been a while since we've had a tidy up in our physical space (Hack the Space evenings to develop our new admin system, Optimism, have continued - see how we've been getting on here and get in touch if you want to help).

Rather than having one long day, we're thinking of two shorter times, with the idea that people can join in either or both, and for as long as they want. The two times are:
  • Saturday 21 May from 1pm to 5pm
  • Wednesday 25 May from 6pm to 9pm
There are quite a lot of fairly easy things we could be doing to make the space look and work better for all of us, including simple things like sorting out the recycling and taking the batteries down to Lidl, tidying the shelves with everybody's crates on the them, and making some of the desks in the main space look more inviting to hotdeskers. You could also look through the issues in Somebody Should to see if there's anything you'd like to have a go at there, or speak to Mike or Sean about helping with the laser cutters.

If you can come down please do, and if you've got ideas on what you'd like to work on, add them to this thread.

Hopefully we'll have a good turnout.

Adrian McEwen

May 18, 2022, 6:23:44 AM5/18/22
to does-li...@googlegroups.com

This is a good opportunity to find out how to get more involved in helping keeping the space ticking along, for any newcomers (old-hands also most welcome too, obv :-D)

I'm aiming to tackle PAT testing all the extension leads running under the desks in the main room, so if anyone wants to help with digging them out and putting them back afterwards that'd be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Adrian.

jacki...@hotmail.com

May 24, 2022, 1:17:43 PM5/24/22
to DoES Liverpool
Just a reminder that we've got another Hack the Space event tomorrow evening (Wednesday 25th May) from 6pm to 9pm.

Lots of good stuff got done on Saturday, including getting the CNC room looking like this, sorting out some of the letter press type, lots of PAT testing and rubbish clearing, getting 2 desks in the main space ready for hot desking, and finding out what the hidden obstacles are for wheelchair users (here and here).

Tomorrow we need to look at moving laser cutter Sheila into the laser cutter room (we've had complaints from other Tapestry tenants about fumes...) and moving out all the material people have left behind the laser cutter room door  (you only need to watch the wheelchair access videos to see one reason why). Again it's also worth looking through the Somebody Should issues in Github to see if there's anything you'd like to work on there.

Snoof has also kindly agreed to lend us here wheelchair again, so anyone who's in tomorrow evening can have a go then.

Snoof Kattekop

May 24, 2022, 1:25:34 PM5/24/22
to does-li...@googlegroups.com
Hello, super sorry but my powerchair is going into the workshop again so I can't let you have it tomorrow night. I'll be at makernight though, and anyone is welcome to have a go then. Sorry!