Make outgoing call Twilio API

Lightning Bit

May 2, 2023, 6:01:56 PM5/2/23
to Django users
Hi All,

I have a Django app where I want to make a phone call (in-app) to another users phone number. However, Twilio seems to only allow verified phone numbers and Twilio phone numbers to make calls.

Is there any way to make it so that any user that registers and inputs their phone number can make a call to any other user while in-app via the Twilio API? Or, will another API have to be utilized for this to happen?

My end goal is the ability for any user to call their friends' phones like in WhatsApp

Thanks everyone

john fabiani

May 2, 2023, 7:46:17 PM5/2/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
I believe you would need a internet phone account - like google voice, or grasshopper.
Johnf