Django Internship

Mannu Gupta

May 17, 2017, 2:55:01 PM5/17/17
to Django users
Hi everyone,

I have been learning on Django for around 6+ months, Now looking for a internship based on it .If anyone know about any internship offer then please let me know.

My Website :- http://theparadoxer02.github.io
Github:-  http://github.com/theparadoxer02

Thanks

Mark Phillips

May 17, 2017, 3:25:42 PM5/17/17
to django users
A couple of comments..

1. This list is not for job hunting. Learn how to post correctly on email lists. In this instance, you need an OT (Off Topic) at the start of your subject line as this is a list for asking technical questions about Django. More people will want to help you if you respect the purpose of each email list you post on.

2. No one will sign in to Google drive to see your resume. It should be readable on your web site in both plain text and pdf (NOT downloads).

3. Never tell a prospective employer that you hate something ("...and just hates Front-end ."). Always tell them what you have accomplished, what you are good at and what you enjoy doing. Always be open minded about learning new things/technologies/etc until you have a lot more experience, many more accomplishments, and at least a hint of gray hair. ;)

4. If you are going to post the code you wrote, then you better be sure it is golden. functions.php has no comments, poor style, and I have no idea what it does. Not the code I want to have in my products. Learn how to write code that others can easily support, then post that code to your web site so others will be impressed. There are all sorts of style guides for php, python, java, etc. Learn them and apply them to the code you publish for others to see (actually all your code).

5. Not sure what all these courses are listed on your site. Did you take them? If so, then they should be in your resume and not here. If you are just trolling the web for content, don't make me guess what it is and don't make me look at them. You are making yourself look very undesirable as a candidate for an internship by just adding fluff to your github account. Get rid of it. If you are just starting out and don't have a lot of projects, that is OK. Showing me one project where you really excelled  (eg see #4) is far better than a lot of poorly done projects with irrelevant fluff surrounding them.

Good luck!

Mark

Mannu Gupta

May 19, 2017, 4:42:24 AM5/19/17
to Django users

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 3:25:42 PM UTC-4, mark wrote:
A couple of comments..

1. This list is not for job hunting. Learn how to post correctly on email lists. In this instance, you need an OT (Off Topic) at the start of your subject line as this is a list for asking technical questions about Django. More people will want to help you if you respect the purpose of each email list you post on.

I reallly want to aplozgize for my mistake and will never repeat it next time.I also want to thanks for your time to write about the mistakes.

2. No one will sign in to Google drive to see your resume. It should be readable on your web site in both plain text and pdf (NOT downloads).

So is there anything that you suggest rather than google drive to upload the resume such that is will directly open in browser ?

3. Never tell a prospective employer that you hate something ("...and just hates Front-end ."). Always tell them what you have accomplished, what you are good at and what you enjoy doing. Always be open minded about learning new things/technologies/etc until you have a lot more experience, many more accomplishments, and at least a hint of gray hair. ;)

Again thanks for the suggestion and now i have changed the intro part :)

[...]

Now I have pinned the good projects that i have done, now it is looking better.Previously I did now know the feature of pinned repository on github.

Good luck!

Mark

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 11:55 AM, Mannu Gupta <abhiman...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have been learning on Django for around 6+ months, Now looking for a internship based on it .If anyone know about any internship offer then please let me know.

My Website :- http://theparadoxer02.github.io
Github:-  http://github.com/theparadoxer02

Thanks

ludovic coues

May 21, 2017, 11:38:12 AM5/21/17
to django...@googlegroups.com
you can put you're resume on your website
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/b21e9037-0a3e-4c36-8d5e-8f0787223c03%40googlegroups.com.

Cordialement, Ludovic Coues
+33 6 14 87 43 42