Django + WSGI authentication

Garry

Oct 13, 2016, 4:18:38 PM10/13/16
to Django users
Hi.

I'm porting a legacy Django+mod_python application to Django+WSGI on Apache httpd 2.4 (Linux) and cannot get user authentication to work. It's not that authentication is running and failing or that it's reporting errors, it's simply not running at all. When my WSGI-authenticated URL is accessed, I do trace into Django code so it's not like I'm completely misconfigured but the check_password function (and the login and authenticate functions too) are never invoked. Similarly, my configured backend database class initializes but its load method is never called. I'm using out-of-the-box Django authentication classes, have followed Django's (excellent) mod_wsgi integration instructions and still don't see any attempt at authentication. I'm at a loss how to debug this further; thoughts or suggestions, please?

Thanks, Garry

Avraham Serour

Oct 14, 2016, 12:18:41 AM10/14/16
to django-users
maybe the user is already logged in? it is sending the sessionid and the server is authenticating checking the sessionid