django-admin error

Naty Mina

Aug 17, 2019, 4:33:43 PM8/17/19
to Django users
hi, i'm new in django and trying to create my first project
i followed the documentation and when i try to execute the django-admin startproject mysite i get error that 'no django settings specified' and to try 'django-admin.py help' instead for usage.
the problem is when i try to do so, i get again the same error message
i need help with that.
i attached file so you can see
thank you
Capture.PNG

Muhammad Nadeem

Aug 17, 2019, 5:38:55 PM8/17/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
FIRST U NEED TO START A NEW PROJECT USING FOLLOWING CODE:                 django-admin startproject mysite
WHERE "mysite" is the name of your project. you can change this name as you desired.

if further u have any error fell free ping me

Daniel Agbaji

Aug 17, 2019, 6:38:38 PM8/17/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Please check to see it you got install Django properly with the version of Python you are using.

Ronit Mishra

Aug 17, 2019, 10:27:20 PM8/17/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
You've installed your django correctly. I can see the version in your snapshot.

Also I think you're trying to call django-admin from a python shell. Just write the command 'django-admin startproject mysite' on the terminal/command prompt.

This should do it.

Arjun Reddy

Aug 18, 2019, 8:18:27 AM8/18/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I would like to start learning Django and can anyone suggest tutorial is best for beginners.

Mituka Devlin Bwanausi

Aug 18, 2019, 9:20:46 AM8/18/19
to Django users
Type it all in one line.....like this "django-admin startproject mysite"

Your screen shot shows you trying to do things separately.

Mituka Devlin Bwanausi

Aug 18, 2019, 9:20:46 AM8/18/19
to Django users

Django 2.2 & Python | The Ulitmate Web Development Bootcamp.

Good lectures and easy to grasp as you will also get through a python refresher before you get right into Django.

Gabriel Araya Garcia

Aug 18, 2019, 3:41:37 PM8/18/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel:
I have build a little app in Django, but i have two problems:
1) I can not see the tables in ADMIN, but nevertheless y put in admin.py:
from .models import Pacientes
admin.site.register(Pacientes)

But it not run.

2) I can not upload my project to HEROKU, I've follow all the steps for to do this, but not run
Do you know some cpanel to upload my app for demo only (it have 120 records)

Please, can you help about this?

Thanks
(excusme my english, my native language is spanish)

--
Gabriel Araya Garcia
GMI - Desarrollo de Sistemas Informáticos

Gil Obradors

Aug 18, 2019, 5:06:51 PM8/18/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
1.-Plese detail more : "But it not run" ?  Any error?  Admin screen withous the model?
You can try doing with the same with decorator and class:
from django.contrib import admin

@admin.register(Pacientes)
class PacientesAdmin(admin.ModelAdmin)
    pass

Share errors, screen, behaveour...

2.- I don't know heroku but maybe for test/demo your selfPC it could be easy for starting...
Port forwarding and go!

Bests djangos

Missatge de Gabriel Araya Garcia <gabriela...@gmail.com> del dia dg., 18 d’ag. 2019 a les 21:41:

DPM

Aug 18, 2019, 9:20:34 PM8/18/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Kindly do whatever some told to add in admin.py file above. Thats correct. After that u can see in admin panel
..

And for heroku what  error you are getting plz share screenshot.
I can help you.

Naty Mina

Aug 19, 2019, 5:28:52 AM8/19/19
to Django users
that's exactly what i tried to do but it doesn't work

בתאריך יום ראשון, 18 באוגוסט 2019 בשעה 00:38:55 UTC+3, מאת Muhammad Nadeem: