Django 3.0 alpha 1 released

Carlton Gibson

Sep 10, 2019, 5:30:24 AM9/10/19
to Django developers (Contributions to Django itself), django-...@googlegroups.com, django...@googlegroups.com
We've made the first release on the way to Django's next major
release, Django 3.0!

With about two and a half months until the
final release (scheduled for December 2nd), we'll need timely testing
from the community to ensure an on-time, stable release.

Check out the blog post:

https://www.djangoproject.com/weblog/2019/sep/10/django-30-alpha-1-released/

Brian M

Sep 10, 2019, 9:15:08 AM9/10/19
to django...@googlegroups.com

Benjamin Schollnick

Sep 10, 2019, 10:34:15 AM9/10/19
to django...@googlegroups.com, Django developers (Contributions to Django itself), django-...@googlegroups.com
Looks nice…

1) Is there any plans to officially support MS SQL server directly?  There are a few different ways to connect to an MSSQL server, but none of them are very well maintained (in a timely manner).   I am currently using https://github.com/michiya/django-pyodbc-azure, which is forcing me to stay at django v2.1.xx, and I’ve used django-mssql in the past (but that hasn’t been updated to django v2.xx).   Having an officially supported, and updated ms sql bridge would be quite helpful.

2) It’s still early, but how does the performance match up against v2.xx?

- Benjamin

Benjamin Schollnick

Mohit Agarwal

Mar 24, 2020, 7:11:44 AM3/24/20
to Django users
Echoing to Benjamin's question, are we working on supporting MSSQL in Django 3.0? I have read from thee forums that the author of django-pyodbc-azure is working with django to make it part of its core offerings? Is it true and what are the timelines looking like.

Thanks
Mohit