Is there any inline editing the data and delete data in table in Django?

veera nagaraja sankar Inti

Feb 27, 2019, 1:39:04 PM2/27/19
to Django users
need help friends ?..

thq..
pubmail.png
Screenshot from 2019-02-27 23-36-53.png
Screenshot from 2019-02-27 23-37-33.png
Screenshot from 2019-02-27 23-38-28.png

Derek

Mar 4, 2019, 2:10:03 AM3/4/19
to Django users
Grid / tabular editing outside of the admin is tricky; I have not been able to manage it and have not found a good app for it.

Here are some suggested reading:

You'd also need an app like Django REST Framework to handle GET/POST of JSON data to populate your grid.

Matthew Pava

Mar 4, 2019, 10:08:32 AM3/4/19
to django...@googlegroups.com

See https://datatables.net.

They have a nice editor that you do have to pay for.

veera nagaraja sankar Inti

Mar 19, 2019, 3:36:27 AM3/19/19
to Django users

how ?....

Derek

Mar 20, 2019, 2:24:49 AM3/20/19
to Django users
That is not an answerable question.  We have given you suggestions - the "how" is up to you.

VeeraNagaRaja Sankar

Mar 20, 2019, 2:28:57 AM3/20/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
hi,

means, i am only aware of Django so i need any code reference to do that
 thank you,

Best Regards,
Inti VeeraNagaRaja Sankar,M.Tech(IT)
M: 9985864383

Chetan Ganji

Mar 20, 2019, 3:57:21 PM3/20/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sankar,

Derek is right, we can only give you suggestions as we are far away from you. How is really upto YOU.
What you are trying to achieve is basically a front end task. You only have knowledge of django which is a backend technology.

You have many options to make choice from -
1. You have to learn to use jquery to do it the way you want it.
2. Use the default UpdateView from django where EDIT/UPDATE view will be shown separately. i.e. let go of inline editing feature.
3. Find someone who will code it for you.
4. Any other that you can think of.

Happy Coding :)

Regards,
Chetan Ganji
+91-900-483-4183

Derek

Mar 21, 2019, 1:38:20 AM3/21/19
to Django users
If I had to do something like this right now I would probably look at:
* plus the javascript needed to handle the front-end GET/POST requests (MANY examples on the web) when data changes,
* along with Django DRF on the back-end to handle the server side data generation and database updates.

Please don't keep asking "how" and rather start with your own development.

VeeraNagaRaja Sankar

Mar 22, 2019, 2:45:32 AM3/22/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
hi Derek,

Thank you but I saw this one not working for my methodology.

Best Regards,
Inti VeeraNagaRaja Sankar,M.Tech(IT)
M: 9985864383

Joel Mathew

Mar 22, 2019, 4:10:32 AM3/22/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
This is simple to achieve with django formset plus jquery. You just need to have a little imagination