DJANGO and SOAP

Domagoj Kovač

Oct 16, 2013, 5:59:21 AM10/16/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I have a problem. For the past few days i have been looking for some good SOAP client library and i did not found anything that works properly. The problem is that i have some recursive SOAP function and as i saw, suds has the problem with this types of things, some other libraries brake on that part.

So, is there any really good library that has proper documentation and also can work with wsdl?

Jaimin Patel

Oct 16, 2013, 9:49:34 AM10/16/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
Does any of two library mentioned in this SO answers helps - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5167122/django-as-soap-web-service-server?

Jaimin Patel

Oct 16, 2013, 9:59:02 AM10/16/13
to django...@googlegroups.com

Domagoj Kovač

Oct 16, 2013, 10:18:06 AM10/16/13
to django...@googlegroups.com
I actually need a client library, not server library.

Bill Freeman

Oct 16, 2013, 11:52:34 AM10/16/13
to django-users
It is possible to use urllib2 to deal with headers and use lxml to create/parse bodies.  More work, and no automatic WSDL processing, but fully general.  I've had to go that way when the vendor on the other end did some not strictly legal SOAP things.

ZSI used to be a good SOAP choice, but has sort of merged (last I knew) with suds, so it probably has the same restrictions.

(I haven't found WSDLs particularly useful, but then in my biggest SOAP project the functions only parameter and only result was a "String" containing a separate XML document not described at all by the WSDL, but which I had to parse/generate.)

Mario Gudelj

Oct 16, 2013, 4:59:58 PM10/16/13
to django...@googlegroups.com

Go with suds from fedora. I found it easy to use and it's worked with every soap api I connect to.