Web Push Notification in Django

Aayush Bhattarai

Mar 25, 2019, 12:28:43 PM3/25/19
to Django users
I am working on blog project and I wanted to add Web Push Notification in Django. I have researched a lot. I have not found proper answer on it.
Looking for good answer. Thank You.

Suresh Kannan

Mar 25, 2019, 12:48:25 PM3/25/19
to django...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 at 12:28, Aayush Bhattarai <learnt...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am working on blog project and I wanted to add Web Push Notification in Django. I have researched a lot. I have not found proper answer on it.
Looking for good answer. Thank You.

Ahmed Ishtiaque

Mar 25, 2019, 1:05:34 PM3/25/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Following this for my own purposes as well. I did only a little bit of research (testing the waters, if you like) on this. So far, here are some resources that are currently open in my browser right now:

Introduction to Push Notifications - to handle push notifications client-side
django-push-notifications - source for a package I found that might enable push notification services for your server-side code (views and such). Seems like it's maintained fairly well so folks there might be able to answer your questions.
DigitalOcean Tutorial on Django Push Notifications - I haven't checked the package they use to push yet but you might want to take a look at this as well.

Hope you find this helpful!

Aayush Bhattarai

Mar 25, 2019, 3:19:34 PM3/25/19
to Django users
Thanks dude. That's was very helpful.

Sam W

Mar 25, 2019, 10:48:22 PM3/25/19
to Django users
Web Push Notification Package for Django:

https://github.com/safwanrahman/django-webpush

Sam W

Mar 26, 2019, 2:13:39 AM3/26/19
to Django users