looking for ideas how to build a Django reminder service

Michael Lind Hjulskov

Aug 23, 2014, 7:26:20 AM8/23/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi :)

I want to build an app for my web shop that can remind my customers to re-buy
I want it to be controlled by the customer and i'm thinking it should be onotoone related to user; callable simply by calling user.reminder.days

it should only send a reminder if its more that x days after latest order, and only once. So it need to save the latest reminder was sent y date and relative to ordernumber x

I'd like it to be very simple to include a dropdown i my templates where the user can change from "off" to e.g. 4 weeks(28 days)
For that i was thinking a templatetag would be the simplest and most flexible way to integrate it

I'd like the sending of reminder mails to be triggered by cronjob

Here's my questions:
Do you know of any existing snippet or app, that i could copy some of this code from? Something simular or just partly with simular functions.
Or do I need to build it from scratch? (i actually already started building it but got a little stuck)
Do you have any ideas how I can build it very simple?

Thanks a lot

Michael Hjulskov

Michael Lind Hjulskov

Aug 23, 2014, 7:40:22 AM8/23/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Here are some of the code i wrote in my attempt to build it

Michael Lind Hjulskov

Aug 23, 2014, 7:49:27 AM8/23/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
I'm hoping that it can
-on change update user.days via ajax request
-return a succes alert message