Cannot migrate database development changes to Live Database (Production)

Abhigyan Tiwari

Aug 29, 2018, 7:16:15 AM8/29/18
to Django users
Hi,

We had our first deployment recently. Later, we were in the development stage for a month on copy of the live database locally.
Today we tried to migrate the changes to the production database but were unable to due to table creation errors.

We are having a new table (model) with nullable foreign keys to others. When we try to migrate, it says table does not exist
on the production database.

Please help,
Thanks.

Mikhailo Keda

Aug 29, 2018, 8:18:33 AM8/29/18
to Django users
Let me clarify, you added just one new model B that has a foreign key to existing model A and Django complains that A doesn't exist, right?