SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol )

Vkash Poudel

May 30, 2019, 4:32:33 AM5/30/19
to Django users
How can I create the  SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol ) app in Django.I have been researching but couldnt find any documentation.Or may bi I am confused.HELP me out with this problem.I need a simple example of SFTP in django or If you can provide me some usefull links or examples.Please reply my mail.

Kasper Laudrup

May 30, 2019, 7:19:27 AM5/30/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vkash,
If I understand correctly, you do seem to be a bit confused. May I ask
what you are trying to achieve?

Django is a web framework meaning that it's using the HTTP protocol
which is itself an application layer protocol. SFTP is another
application layer protocol so you cannot really implement that in Django.

There is at least one implementation of SFTP in Python though:

https://www.paramiko.org/

But of course, that has absolutely nothing to do with Django.

So again, maybe start out by telling us what you really want to achieve?

Kind regards,

Kasper Laudrup

Vkash Poudel

May 31, 2019, 3:08:10 AM5/31/19
to Django users
I am planning to SFTP web server in Python and  i am confused that where should i start with so

Vkash Poudel

May 31, 2019, 3:08:52 AM5/31/19
to Django users

Thanks for the Reply
I appericiate it

Kasper Laudrup

May 31, 2019, 3:32:14 AM5/31/19
to Django users, Vkash Poudel
Hi Vikash,

"Vkash Poudel" <bikash...@gmail.com> – 31. maj 2019 09:08
> I am planning to SFTP web server in Python and i am confused that where should
> i start with so

What you are planning doesn't make sense, so that's probably the reason why you have a hard time figuring out where to start ;-)

SFTP and a web server (HTTP) are both application layer protocols. It doesn't make much sense to build an SFTP server on top of HTTP.

I suggest reading up on the basics of the IP protocol. Wikipedia might be a good start:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_protocol_suite

Hope that clears up some of the confusion.

Kind regards,

Kasper Laudrup