OT: Exceptions in production. Local variables?

guettli

Aug 15, 2019, 4:18:26 AM8/15/19
to Django users
This is a bit off-topic.

If I have an exception in the production environment, then up to now I only see the ascii stacktrace in the logs.

Often this is enough to fix the issue, but sometimes I would like to see the local variables, too.

Which tool could help here?

How do you handle this?

Regards,
  Thomas Güttler

mohammed habib

Aug 15, 2019, 4:36:10 AM8/15/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Definitely Sentry, they will show you the stack trace and a dump of local variables for every crash, as well as other useful analytics

It’s pretty easy to set up

If your site is not so busy they have a free plan

Sent from my iPhone

guettli

Aug 16, 2019, 5:41:52 AM8/16/19
to Django users

Am Donnerstag, 15. August 2019 10:36:10 UTC+2 schrieb mohammed habib:
Definitely Sentry, they will show you the stack trace and a dump of local variables for every crash, as well as other useful analytics

It’s pretty easy to set up

If your site is not so busy they have a free plan

In my current context I am not allowed to use a Saas solution, even if it is free.

I need a solution which can be self-hosted.