help with the poll application." Writing your first Django app".

Sebastian Saade

Feb 21, 2018, 7:17:48 AM2/21/18
to Django users

Hello, I'm writing for help.
I'm starting to get into Django's world.
Testing the tutorial of the Django documentation "Writing your first application in Django" I found an error which I can not get out of when I modify polls / urls.py
The url of the small tutorial is https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.0/intro/tutorial03/
I share a screenshot of the error that throws me when I want to run the application.
the help is appreciated

Jason

Feb 21, 2018, 10:24:38 AM2/21/18
to Django users
if you're using django 2, its not python2 compatible.  I see in your stack trace you're using python2

If you want to stay on py2, I would look at using the v 1.11 version of the tutorial

Andy

Feb 21, 2018, 2:20:00 PM2/21/18
to Django users
You are not using Django 2.0 and thus the path function is not existing in Django 1.11.
Django 2.0 can only be installed with python3, while you are trying to use python 2.7 for that job.

    apt install python3 python3-pip
    pip3 install virtualenv virtualenvwrapper
    mkvirtualenv django
-tutorial

Restart the tutorial from here.

Haven McConnell