Get authorization and list users in auth via http request

Ezequias Rocha

Sep 9, 2019, 2:00:18 PM9/9/19
to Django users
Hi everyone

Could someone tell me if Django encourages the community to implement auth/user authentication and user creation via http requests?

I would like to create new users and get users list via a simple POST/GET http requests.

Have someone did it here?

Sincerely
Ezequias

Gabriel Araya Garcia

Sep 9, 2019, 6:32:28 PM9/9/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
...and why you don't use the Django admin  app ?

Gabriel Araya Garcia
GMI - Desarrollo de Sistemas Informáticos
99.7721.15.70

Ezequias Rocha

Sep 11, 2019, 4:30:34 PM9/11/19
to Django users
Dear Gabriel

I have already access to the get method but not the creation service.

I will have a creation of thousands of users from another system I am integrating. Would be nice if I have an easy way to create this creation way by loading from a list.

Have you any idea how could I perform this batch loading of users from scratch (and without any register form)?

Sincerely
Ezequias.

El lun., 9 sept. 2019 a las 15:00, Ezequias Rocha (<ezequi...@gmail.com>) escribió:
Hi everyone

Could someone tell me if Django encourages the community to implement auth/user authentication and user creation via http requests?

I would like to create new users and get users list via a simple POST/GET http requests.

Have someone did it here?

Sincerely
Ezequias

Ronit Mishra

Sep 12, 2019, 3:27:03 AM9/12/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Its possible. And from what I am able to understand you're looking to create restful services for authentication and registration.

Your solution: Django Rest Framework

Its a very detailed procedure so I can't point out all the points here, but you can follow any decent tutorial and get it accomplished.

Here is one for you: https://wsvincent.com/django-rest-framework-user-authentication-tutorial/

Regards,
Ronnie

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/aa7d2395-b954-4587-a34a-54c2ba08e83c%40googlegroups.com.

Ezequias Rocha

Sep 12, 2019, 10:50:31 AM9/12/19
to Django users
Thank you Ronit.

Now I implemented the create_user via web request.

Django Rocks!

Ezequias.