How can I host my application in web hosting?

Wasim Rana

Aug 22, 2019, 7:47:51 AM8/22/19
to Django users
Hello, I am building a web application locally in my computer. It's almost done and I want to host it in Siteground hosting. How can I do that? Please help.
Thanks

Abu Yusuf

Aug 22, 2019, 7:55:46 AM8/22/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Is it a django application? Not every hosting provider provide django deployments.
You can use amazon aws and digital ocean. You can do also in heroku and pythonanywhere, they are totally free.

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 5:47 PM Wasim Rana <wran...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, I am building a web application locally in my computer. It's almost done and I want to host it in Siteground hosting. How can I do that? Please help.
Thanks

Wasim Rana

Aug 22, 2019, 1:50:14 PM8/22/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much for your response.
Wasim Rana

CEO and Director
SiteFor99
Cell: +880 173 406 4296
Ring Road, Shyamoli,
Dhaka - 1207

Abu Yusuf

Aug 25, 2019, 1:26:03 AM8/25/19
to django...@googlegroups.com

Abu Yusuf

Aug 25, 2019, 1:26:57 AM8/25/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
You people are working on django projects?
Is that a startup?

Nur Mohsin

Aug 25, 2019, 4:12:01 AM8/25/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Assalamu Alaikum Yusuf Bhaia,

As I have no credit card, that's why I couldn't choose AWS or DO. I am from Bangladesh and suffering to choose a hosting provider in Bangladesh where Django and Postgresql are well supported.
Would you please suggest me any company?

Thanks.

Abu Yusuf

Aug 25, 2019, 5:12:45 AM8/25/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
No idea about bangladeshi hosting providers for python hosting but you can try: https://bangladesh.navicosoft.com/apps/best-python-django-hosting/

Nur Mohsin

Aug 25, 2019, 5:24:59 AM8/25/19
to django...@googlegroups.com

Yaovi samah

Aug 25, 2019, 10:17:24 AM8/25/19
to Django users
you just need to buy vps server , will allow you to have  full control and from there you can host your web application , more information , whatsapp me so that i can give you help
whatsapp: +22891219445

Techie Masters

Aug 26, 2019, 2:27:18 PM8/26/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
You can use PayPal on digitalocean.

Debabrata Chakraborty

Nov 30, 2019, 9:02:28 AM11/30/19
to Django users
Hi everyone,

I'm a beginner Django developer. So my apologies in advance for newbie like questions.

I am building my site with " Django version 2.2.5 " and " SQLite 3.30 " in back-end. My question is -

# Do services like "Heroku", "Digital Ocean", "Python Anywhere" and "AWS" - have limitation on which version of Django  or which DBMS I can use?

I've seen this before with PHP/MySQL hosting where some hosting companies will limit which version of PHP or MySQL one can use. Is the same applicable to Django hosting in the above mentioned hosting platforms as well?

I will very much grateful if you can help me out with this confusion.

Best

Deb

Jorge Gimeno

Dec 1, 2019, 1:01:58 AM12/1/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Deb,

Digital Ocean will allow you to run what you can install.  If you can get it on the server, you can use it.

Heroku and Python Anywhere do have specific services that are available.  You can check out their documentation to see what they are.

I don't know much about AWS, so that I will not be able to answer.

Hope it helps!

-Jorge

Debabrata Chakraborty

Dec 1, 2019, 4:33:23 AM12/1/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a bunch Jorge,

That was very helpful.

Best

Deb

Asif Khan

Dec 1, 2019, 1:24:37 PM12/1/19
to Django users
I am using Webfaction and quit happy. it is quit fast and scalable platform for Django application.

Integr@te System

Dec 1, 2019, 2:51:36 PM12/1/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi friend,

In real world matter, it not just technical aspect, also one should consider business, services, sth else around from now to future.
For publish in production, ask provider's technical that you want first as essential basic, break down which items, then business and so on.

In technical, please see previous email of one expert on sharing many details. On deployment as approximate you implement locally and reference to doc to migrate.

It just simpler with personal work (for yourself) than company's enviroment.

RLM

Dec 1, 2019, 5:10:19 PM12/1/19
to django...@googlegroups.com

Hello.
AWS has no limitations.
Simply start an instance running ubuntu, windows, or what ever, just like you have for development,  install dependencies and updates and you should be good to go. Read the Docs first, it's not click and go like some other providers.
With AWS you are totally responsible for security and everything else, and can lock it down so that your server is virtually hidden from the web. It's just like you are running a home dev machine, it's brilliant for our purposes. And for us, it's not expensive.

On AWS we are currently running several Hugo static sites, a ubuntu server with python3.8, we've got django on it but not used since we moved to Hugo.

HTH
Roger

John McClain

Dec 2, 2019, 5:13:34 AM12/2/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Deb,

I find Heroku very simple to use once you are setup.
Publish to github (free if not needing to be private repo)
Github updates Heroku automatically (also free but only runs when called to so it is slow when first opening page then runs normal unless you upgrade to paid.)
Also use AWS S3 Bucket for static images (lookuo boto3 for integration)

In heroku you have to set your dynos even if free account otherwise you'll get the errors related to this
Also have to set you dependencies like postgress for db and others your project requires

lots of little things to configure really, but youtube has many how to videos

John McClain

Cell: 085-1977-823
Skype: jmcclain0129

RLM

Dec 2, 2019, 4:49:46 PM12/2/19
to django...@googlegroups.com

Apologies for triple post, dont know why it happened.
Roger

SOFI BILAL

Dec 2, 2019, 4:56:18 PM12/2/19
to Django users
i also don't know!

Debabrata Chakraborty

Dec 3, 2019, 2:24:14 AM12/3/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for all the help guys. That was kind of you.

Cheers!

Deb