How to deploy Django Python Webapp with Windows10?

gian castillo

Dec 31, 2018, 3:44:10 PM12/31/18
to Django users
Hi,
I built a webapp with django python and It's done. Now I want to deploy It online, It's just a portfolio website for my first client, nothing too heavy.

I looked into Digital Ocean but It deploys It with ubuntu and I'm having troubles in turning my laptop into a deul boot(working on WIndows10).
Can I deploy my webapp with just Windows10? I downloaded VirtualBox for Ubuntu 16.04.
I really am new to this so I know very little.

Thank You and kind regards.

Kuber Sodari

Jan 2, 2019, 5:20:52 AM1/2/19
to Django users
My suggestion would be pythonanywhere.com Its free and reliable for the testing or demo purposes.

Joel Mathew

Jan 2, 2019, 6:01:28 AM1/2/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Windows 10 is not designed to be a server. What is your issue in deploying in Ubuntu or Debian?

Sincerely yours,

 Joel G Mathew

Joel Mathew

Jan 2, 2019, 6:11:36 AM1/2/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Also why are you attempting to deploy it online from your laptop. An online application needs to be.. well, online, all the time. That's the function of a server. You dont normally deploy from a laptop, unless you have a specific need to do so. If it's for a client, definitely a big no-no. Use a lightweight Linux distro like Debian, and install a server on it (apache/nginx), and run django with mod_wsgi_express.

If you dont know or dont care on installing your own server, just go with a built in solution like heroku.

Sincerely yours,

 Joel G Mathew

On Tue, 1 Jan 2019 at 02:14, gian castillo <ene...@gmail.com> wrote:

computer engineering Forum

Amitesh Sahay

Jan 6, 2019, 8:08:10 AM1/6/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hello Joel,

I don't know if this is too late to reply.
But even on windows 10 you need web server installed to host the website. I guess IIS is the one probably you can use. To test your environment you can download WAMP server and then proceed from there.

Regards,
Amitesh Sahay
91-750 797 8619