Customizable Invoice

Rakhee Menon

Feb 2, 2018, 2:26:16 AM2/2/18
to Django users
Hi All,
I want to create a customized invoice format wherein the user can drag and drop the fields ,add columns delete columns save it and print the invoice ie
 I want to create a backend solution for storing the information about the invoices once any changes are done in the invoice format.
For instance a customer might change the fontsize of any column, add any column or one might change the position of their company name etc..and I want to store the changed positions and save it in the database ie  I want to create an editable invoice in all ways.
Can anyone help me with it?

Thanks & Regards  ,
Rakhee

Andy

Feb 2, 2018, 4:08:08 AM2/2/18
to Django users
Do you have any idea in any programming language you know how to do what you are asking for?
Message has been deleted

Rakhee Menon

Feb 2, 2018, 4:24:31 AM2/2/18
to Django users

No...I wanted to know if i could do it using django and if yes...how to do it??

Jani Tiainen

Feb 2, 2018, 4:28:28 AM2/2/18
to django...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

This actually isn't much of doing with Django. It's more just about your UI to be able to do things you want to.

Django definitely can record your invoice format and you can even print it out in a format stored in Django.

But what you need is tool for UI (in browser) which allows you do all the arranging and such.

On 2.2.2018 11.23, Rakhee Menon wrote:

Hi,
I am going to use django.

Regards,
Rakhee

Jani Tiainen

Andy

Feb 2, 2018, 4:50:21 AM2/2/18
to Django users
Well since your answer is no, you should take you time and learn Python/Dajngo before asking anyone in here to basically write that invoice app for you. :)

Basically Django can do what you are asking for, but i'd recommend you to use it only as a backend for this highly UI focused problem. Then think about what the frontend will be (web, app, mobile) and choose something that has the needed frontend components that you would like to use.

But let me tell you this: a totally customizable invoice with that shall still look pretty and can be printed out in any combination of item rows and extra details is probably one of the hardest tasks you can think of not having any programming background!
Having kinda done the above i can definitely recommend the awesome https://github.com/Kozea/WeasyPrint library for generating PDF files!

But it sounds to me that you should do yourself a favour and read this before actually starting your project: https://www.twoscoopspress.com/products/two-scoops-of-django-1-11

Have fun!

Rakhee Menon

Feb 3, 2018, 12:21:50 AM2/3/18
to Django users
Oops!!I am sorry !! I got your question wrong.Yes I do have some knowledge about django. Just wanted to know whether its possible and any solution if u could suggest.
Anways Thanks a lot :)

Derek

Feb 4, 2018, 6:23:04 AM2/4/18
to Django users
If you plan to use PDF in your solution, then this may help you:

'