django custom timezone middleware causing django.contrib.humanize test to fail

Matt Ball

Mar 31, 2015, 4:49:20 PM3/31/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi -- I'm unable to get all tests to pass with Django 1.5.4 when I have custom timezone-activating middleware enabled.

Is there a way to disable the middleware for that specific test?

Tim Graham

Mar 31, 2015, 8:34:10 PM3/31/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
In general it's not possible to have those tests pass with arbitrary settings. To remedy this, the new test runner in Django 1.6 [1] won't pick up Django's tests that are part of contrib apps.

On a related note, consider upgrading to a supported version of Django (1.7+), or at least the last release in the 1.5 series (1.5.12) which remedies several security issues in 1.5.4.

[1] https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/stable/releases/1.6/#discovery-of-tests-in-any-test-module