How to work in Visual Studio Code with Virtual Environment & Django ?

Parvez Khan Pathan

Dec 24, 2019, 4:41:43 AM12/24/19
to Django users
Afternoon Folks,

Hello I  am a student & DJango Beginner. As a student i prefer Atom Text Editor & miniconda for virtual environment. But i see lots of tutorial over YouTube that Use Visual Studio Code
I try to jump from Atom Text Editor to VS Code but i cant figure out to set Virtual Environment as well as VS Code give me some errors.. i try to find over YouTube but still not searched that how to set & use virtual envirionment & Django in VS Code.

therefore, i request you to all folks please provide efficient video tutorial which seem accessible & painless. I'm excited to write DJango Project in VSCode.
Thank You!

Karan Mittal

Dec 24, 2019, 5:31:33 AM12/24/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Nothing Complex in that. You simply install some of the packages for vscode. We have django package for vs code.
Also you can simply enter the virtual environment via terminal provided by vscode.

Regards,
Karan Mittal

Parvez Khan Pathan

Dec 24, 2019, 6:16:53 AM12/24/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
sir i try to create venv but got errors.
Even i prefer VS Code Documentation.

But not work my case.

Salim Kachemela

Dec 24, 2019, 6:17:36 AM12/24/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Vscode has an integrated terminal which you can actually use just like would use in your built in terminal or cmd.

Karan Mittal

Dec 24, 2019, 6:39:20 AM12/24/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
What errors. Maybe you have not installed venv package in your machine. Install it by pip. Search this on Internet.

Mahmoud Abbas

Dec 24, 2019, 8:20:18 AM12/24/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
I love to use sublime 3 with django ,but if u want to use vscode with it,
I suggested u to see this course:

https://youtu.be/e1IyzVyrLSU

Scot Hacker

Dec 31, 2019, 2:30:22 AM12/31/19
to Django users
With your project option, use the command "Select Interpreter" - the virtual environment used by VSCode will be the one the python you select belongs to. Documentation is here:

./s