Sign Up by using E-mail id

Soumen Khatua

Jul 24, 2019, 6:27:37 AM7/24/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks,
I want to create one signup page where end-user can SignUp and LogIn by using their e-mail id nit by Username. Please tell me how i can do that,please provide me source code for that.

Thank You

Regards,
Soumen

avi gehlot

Jul 24, 2019, 6:31:58 AM7/24/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
You can contact me ..

Devender Kumar

Jul 24, 2019, 9:43:53 AM7/24/19
to django...@googlegroups.com

Soumen Khatua

Jul 24, 2019, 10:36:56 AM7/24/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your response.

Thank You

Regards,
Soumen

Sam W

Jul 24, 2019, 10:50:47 AM7/24/19
to Django users
Check this one out: Django Authentication with just an email and password (no username required!)

Sam W

Jul 24, 2019, 10:54:25 AM7/24/19
to Django users

This is the official page. It is really simple to follow:

Avi gehlot

Jul 24, 2019, 2:47:15 PM7/24/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
IMG_118830658.MOV

Soumen Khatua

Jul 25, 2019, 2:39:04 AM7/25/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
In github you can login by using gmail as well as username,but in my case username should be gmail only.

thank you

Regards,
Soumen

vinayak

Jul 26, 2019, 12:15:41 PM7/26/19
to django...@googlegroups.com

Suraj Thapa FC

Jul 29, 2019, 8:48:34 AM7/29/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
How can I create a file field which one can upload Multiple files in it...

Aldian Fazrihady

Jul 29, 2019, 8:51:16 AM7/29/19
to django...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 7:48 PM Suraj Thapa FC <surajt...@gmail.com> wrote:
How can I create a file field which one can upload Multiple files in it...

Jani Tiainen

Jul 29, 2019, 10:52:56 AM7/29/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

TL; DR; you can't.

You though can upload multiple files just fine you just need to handle them manually.

Also if you plan to keep files around your models must enable that.

Aldian Fazrihady

Jul 29, 2019, 11:22:13 AM7/29/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Multiple file uploads already there for many years. The link I shared above show you how to do that the Django way.

Regards,

Aldian Fazrihady
http://aldianfazrihady.com

Jani Tiainen

Jul 29, 2019, 11:35:39 AM7/29/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
My mistake.

I thuought that OP was asking about uploading and storing multiple files to model.

First part (uploading) is easy since docs do cover that.

Second part is tricky since it requires data structure capable of storing multiple files and there are so many ways to do that.

Suraj Thapa FC

Jul 30, 2019, 1:51:08 AM7/30/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Actually I'm asking to store multiple files in a single model field and handling each of them

Aldian Fazrihady

Jul 30, 2019, 2:41:10 AM7/30/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
I see. As Jani has implied, there is currently no idiomatic way to do it.
Here is one way to do it: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11529216/django-multiple-file-field

The official way is probably still in progress: https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28554

Suraj Thapa FC

Jul 30, 2019, 11:57:12 AM7/30/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
I'm stuck.. If you know anything in the future let me know

Abu Yusuf

Jul 31, 2019, 1:44:32 AM7/31/19
to django...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 6:48 PM Suraj Thapa FC <surajt...@gmail.com> wrote:
How can I create a file field which one can upload Multiple files in it...

Lim Kai Wey

Jul 31, 2019, 10:47:33 AM7/31/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
I’m not sure this could help your situation but it did solve mine for Photo Uploading, since uploading images and files are similar. Hope it helps!

Regards,
Kai Wey

Mudasir Mian

Aug 7, 2019, 8:30:36 AM8/7/19
to solom...@gmail.com, django...@googlegroups.com
hey team members can you please help me in this i uploaded picture successfully but in admin panel when i click on the picture URL im getting this.

you can  see in my code i have declared the path
error.PNG
models.PNG
settings.PNG
urls.PNG

Suraj Thapa FC

Aug 10, 2019, 6:29:21 AM8/10/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
How do I write my front-end form response in..  .json file

Andrew C.

Aug 10, 2019, 12:46:48 PM8/10/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
I suppose in a view, you can write something along these lines:

import json
from os import path
from django.conf import settings

def index(request):
    if request.method == ‘POST’:
         form = YourForm(request.POST)
         if form.is_valid():
             field1 = form.cleaned_data.get(‘field1_from_form’)
             # write your JSON here
             # Follow this tutorial to write your json:
             # Instead of dumping your file into a txt like they did in the first example, do this:
             with open(path.join(settings.MEDIA_ROOT, “ajsonfile.json”), “w+”) as outfile:
                   json.dump(data, outfile)
              return redirect(request.get_absolute_uri())
    elif request.method == “GET”:
        form = YourForm()
        return render(request, “index.html”, {‘form’: form}

I forgot the import statement for the redirect