Django Rest Framework

Soumen Khatua

Aug 12, 2019, 2:34:45 AM8/12/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks,
I want to simple CRUD for Nested serializers but whenever I'm taking many = True,It's showing Address(nested model name) is not iterable.

This is my github link:
Please tell me How I can do that.

Thank You.

Regards,
Soumen

Andréas Kühne

Aug 12, 2019, 3:15:28 AM8/12/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Have you used a plugin for nested handling? Or are you writing one yourself?

I would recommend using a plugin. We have developed one that you are free to use:
drf-nested on pypi or there are others on Pypi as well.

Regards,

Andréas

Soumen Khatua

Aug 12, 2019, 7:10:31 AM8/12/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to write myself, Please tell me how I can do that by myself.

Thank you for your response.

Regards,
Soumen

ajoeiam

Aug 12, 2019, 10:04:38 AM8/12/19
to Django users

On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 6:10:31 AM UTC-5, Soumen Khatua wrote:
I'm trying to write myself, Please tell me how I can do that by myself.

Not speaking as an expert but - - - - if you want to roll your own why not find his project (where to find listed above) download the thing and at the very least examine the code.
Would think if their code works why not look to it for at least information - - - - or ?????
(That is the whole goal of open source - - - yes?)

Regards

Andréas Kühne

Aug 13, 2019, 3:26:08 AM8/13/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If you want to write it yourself - it's a rather complicated piece to implement. Checkout our source code and see how we have implemented it:

Regards,

Andréas

Soumen Khatua

Aug 20, 2019, 3:16:50 AM8/20/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks,
In my Django model I have one column as name and my query is if name is matched in search filter then it  should appear first then  all the records by their length size and also by the most number of use.Please tell me How I can do that.

Thank You

Regards,
Soumen