Error at OneToOneField in models while creating new models class

Srinivas Gadi

Sep 22, 2018, 5:10:45 AM9/22/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
HI All,

I am facing below error while creating a new model class.
the error pop up only at this line "user = models.OneToOneField(User)"
"E1120:No value for argument 'on_delete' in constructor call"

from django.db import models
from django.contrib.auth.models import User

class userProfile(models.Model):
user = models.OneToOneField(User)

If I add "user = models.OneToOneField(User,on_delete=models.CASCADE)" the error got subsided but the new class "userProfile" is not appearing in admin page, under Users tab.

Could some one please guide me how to fix this ?

--
Srinivas .G
      9966559383

Srinivas Gadi

Sep 22, 2018, 6:08:09 AM9/22/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
Adding more and complete details:
I am facing below error while creating a new model class.
the error pops up only at this line "user = models.OneToOneField(User)"
"E1120:No value for argument 'on_delete' in constructor call"

section/models.py

from django.db import models
from django.contrib.auth.models import User

class userProfile(models.Model):
    user = models.OneToOneField(User)

admin.py

from django.contrib import admin
from section.models import userProfile

admin.site.register(userProfile)

If I add below entry with "on_delete=models.CASCADE"

user = models.OneToOneField(User,on_delete=models.CASCADE)

the error got subsided but the new class "userProfile" is not appearing in admin page, under Users tab.

Also, run migrations:

C:\Users\srini\djangoProjects\college>python manage.py makemigrations
No changes detected

C:\Users\srini\djangoProjects\college>python manage.py migrate
Operations to perform:
Apply all migrations: admin, auth, contenttypes, sessions
Running migrations:
No migrations to apply.

Could someone please guide me how to fix this?

--
Srinivas .G
      9966559383

Matthew Pava

Sep 22, 2018, 7:41:31 AM9/22/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
Did you try running your migrations?

Srinivas Gadi

Sep 23, 2018, 2:56:54 AM9/23/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
Yes, provided the migrations out put in the second mail

Adolfo Cueto

Sep 23, 2018, 9:57:04 AM9/23/18
to Django users
First you have to change your model name Class names starts with uppercase...

My friend.. you are not making migrations... look at you have to do this:

1. Delete your migration folder
2. Delete you app table manually (DROP table)
3. python manage.py makemigrations app_name
4. migrate

that's all

Srinivas Gadi

Sep 24, 2018, 7:22:48 AM9/24/18
to django...@googlegroups.com, cueto...@gmail.com
Thank you for the response,
1. Deleted the migrations folder
2. Removed the SQLite3 DB itself
3. My dir structure.
24-09-2018  16:37    <DIR>          .
24-09-2018  16:37    <DIR>          ..
23-09-2018  15:06    <DIR>          college
19-09-2018  08:56               554 manage.py
19-09-2018  10:59    <DIR>          section
               1 File(s)            554 bytes
               4 Dir(s)  32,464,281,600 bytes free

4. Execute the makemigrations, but it prompting with the error.
C:\Users\srini\djangoProjects\college>python manage.py makemigrations section
App 'section' could not be found. Is it in INSTALLED_APPS?

5. FYI: Also registered in apps.py
from django.apps import AppConfig

class ClassConfig(AppConfig):
name = 'section'

Srinivas .G
      9966559383

luca bocchi

Sep 26, 2018, 7:35:47 PM9/26/18
to Django users
seems that your app is not in settings.INSTALLED_APPS, add 'section' there and retry.

Srinivas Gadi

Sep 26, 2018, 11:37:38 PM9/26/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
It was fixed by adding the "section.apps.Class.Config" in settings INSTALLED_APPS

Srinivas .G
      9966559383