Install library from Github

krestoufer Toumas

Dec 31, 2019, 6:10:48 PM12/31/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
I wish everyone a happy new year.
I want to include a Library from Github in my Django project but I don’t know how to do it.
I found this tutorial on stack overflow
But this didn’t work for me can someone help me with this? is there any other way to do this ?
Sincerely
Django beginner

sanusi ibrahim adekunle

Jan 1, 2020, 1:17:00 PM1/1/20
to django...@googlegroups.com
Make sure Git is installed on your system. Below is a link to a tutorial on installing Git for windows or Mac: https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/install-git

After Git is installed on your system, try out this command :
pip install git+ the url of the github library
For example: pip install git+https://github.com/gbozee/django-

Mark34.59

Jan 1, 2020, 9:08:29 PM1/1/20
to Django users
Windows 10 PC with new Git installation is failing to recognize the command "pip":
pip install git+https://github.com/gbozee/django- (command I typed per instructions)
bash: pip: command not found (response from Git)

On Wed, Jan 1, 2020, 00:10 krestoufer Toumas <kres...@gmail.com> wrote:
I wish everyone a happy new year.
I want to include a Library from Github in my Django project but I don’t know how to do it.
I found this tutorial on stack overflow
But this didn’t work for me can someone help me with this? is there any other way to do this ?
Sincerely
Django beginner

John McClain

Jan 2, 2020, 7:02:32 AM1/2/20
to django...@googlegroups.com
did you try without "pip"

I assume the git url is not complete but you get the idea

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/284181f0-14a6-470d-be9c-365159b7cac0%40googlegroups.com.

--
John McClain

Cell: 085-1977-823
Skype: jmcclain0129

Klaus Laube

Jan 2, 2020, 7:50:13 AM1/2/20
to Django users
Hi.

The pip utility is missing, so you need to install it. I'm not a Windows user, but I believe the easier way to do that is by running the `get-pip.py` Python script:

It should be available now.

sanusi ibrahim adekunle

Jan 2, 2020, 8:48:55 AM1/2/20
to django...@googlegroups.com
Make sure pip is installed on your system.

Go to your command prompt and enter "pip --version" to check if pip is installed on your system

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/65eaa961-ff89-49f5-a668-129c2066efad%40googlegroups.com.

Mark34.59

Jan 2, 2020, 10:28:02 AM1/2/20
to Django users
Thanks, Klaus! Your advise was spot-on. Pip did indeed need to be installed and that allowed me to take the next step to providing access to Github library on my Windows PC.
For some reason my fairly recent installation of Python pulled down a very old version of pip.
But I found a solution:
I received the following notification:
You are using pip version 9.0.1; however, version 19.3.1 is available. You should consider upgrading via the ‘python -m pip install –upgrade pip’ command.
C:\>python -m pip install --upgrade pip

Outcome:
Successfully uninstalled pip-9.0.1
Successfully installed pip-19.3.1

Source: https?//datatofish.com/upgrade-pip

Mark34.59

Jan 2, 2020, 10:32:51 AM1/2/20
to Django users
Sanusi,
This command is very useful. Thanks!

Jorge Gimeno

Jan 2, 2020, 8:27:43 PM1/2/20
to django...@googlegroups.com
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/284181f0-14a6-470d-be9c-365159b7cac0%40googlegroups.com.

Mark,

Try py -m pip install <insert-your-thing-here>.  Pip isn't always on the path by default on Windows, but the Py Installer should be. If you don't have the Py Installer installed, how do you bring up your python REPL on your system?

-Jorgge

Mark Ogilvie

Jan 2, 2020, 10:14:34 PM1/2/20
to django...@googlegroups.com
Jorgge, In answer to  your question, I Python 3 was installed on my Windows 10 PC and could be launched by simply typing "python" at the C:\ prompt of the command line.
With Python session running, I was not able to locate pip until I ran the installation of Pip earlier today.
Is it possible that pip was not installed automatically with the installation of Python 3?
In any case, I installed Pip, and immediately Python warned me that it was not up-to-date, so I then updated it.
With that accomplished, I was then able to gain access to the Github library.
Thanks again for your suggestions. In the process of attempting one task, I learned many other things.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CANfN%3DK-3iHR4hAm%3Dws20Y_qktxHJwymaeeYcfDxg%3DczR93Ed%3Dg%40mail.gmail.com.

Jorge Gimeno

Jan 3, 2020, 12:58:49 AM1/3/20
to django...@googlegroups.com
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CA%2Bjgmy1WkZBS0sjs3Ez0y1O_kaoM0fQ7U9W8_sC%2B_MV0Jh4G_g%40mail.gmail.com.

Yes, it's very possible pip was not installed, or that it was installed and not on the path. I'm glad you found an answer for your problem!

-Jorge