new to Django

jayant jain

Mar 5, 2017, 12:58:09 PM3/5/17
to Django users
Hi all users,
I am a new user of Django
with a basic knowledge of  Python language .Please recommend me what more to learn to start contributing to Django and how to start contributing.
Example if
i do need to know about networking, GUI ,etc.

ludovic coues

Mar 5, 2017, 1:16:25 PM3/5/17
to django...@googlegroups.com
If you haven't done so, you should do the django tutorial. It will
give you a good view of what is available to django user.

Then there is a few page in the documentation about contributing.
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/

What you'll need to learn depend on what aspect of django you want to
contribute to. But networking and GUI shouldn't be needed beyond some
basic knowledge. Django is a framework for building the server side of
web application. It provide really few GUI components and the
networking stuff is delegated to real webserver like nginx.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/c749c6ac-ceca-44f6-9457-d6b045fdf924%40googlegroups.com.

Cordialement, Coues Ludovic
+336 148 743 42

Anoosha Masood Keen

Mar 6, 2017, 11:58:43 AM3/6/17
to Django users
Hi I am new to Django and I don't know where to start or what to do for contribution?

Shawn Milochik

Mar 6, 2017, 12:12:47 PM3/6/17
to django...@googlegroups.com
Go here:

You'll find instructions on how to contribute, and also the bug tracker, where you can search for easy bugs to fix.

chris rose

Mar 7, 2017, 2:31:02 AM3/7/17
to Django users
+1 ludovic