About extending the django inbuilt user

sachinbg sachin

Jan 14, 2020, 11:12:08 AM1/14/20
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hii every one I want to add some additional fields in inbuilt django user model am tried many of the things am not achieved that any reference help me and  any sources
Git repositories
Thanks in advance

Kasper Laudrup

Jan 14, 2020, 12:17:57 PM1/14/20
to django...@googlegroups.com

Farai M

Jan 14, 2020, 1:28:20 PM1/14/20
to django...@googlegroups.com
Just do a one to One to the user table because if you have already created and migrated the model on first install .Creating a custom model will give you a  headache

ROHIT CHAUHAN

Jan 14, 2020, 1:28:24 PM1/14/20
to django...@googlegroups.com

aakansha jain

Jan 14, 2020, 1:52:37 PM1/14/20
to django...@googlegroups.com
hey, I am a beginner. I also want to contribute on django framework but I am not getting how to run the project and see the code of it.

sachinbg sachin

Jan 15, 2020, 12:09:23 AM1/15/20
to Django users
I was getting some error like is_staff is not an atribute an other source are git link I tried to fix that but am not able to do that

Carsten Fuchs

Jan 15, 2020, 1:40:21 AM1/15/20
to django...@googlegroups.com
Besides what others have said, I suggest you have a look at
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.0/topics/auth/customizing/#extending-the-existing-user-model
and all subsequent sections.

If you have not started your project yet (have no migrations yet), look at
https://github.com/jambonsw/django-improved-user

If you are in mid-project already, I suggest:
https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/25313
https://www.caktusgroup.com/blog/2019/04/26/how-switch-custom-django-user-model-mid-project/

Best regards,
Carsten

Am 14.01.20 um 17:10 schrieb sachinbg sachin:
> Hii every one I want to add some additional fields in inbuilt django user model am tried many of the things am not achieved that any reference help me and  any sources
> Git repositories
> Thanks in advance

sachinbg sachin

Jan 15, 2020, 1:45:40 AM1/15/20