Importing contacts from email/social

M Hashmi

Oct 14, 2016, 11:42:34 AM10/14/16
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is there a library available to import user contact's list?

If you have some piece of code as reference or a lib please guide.

Regards,
Mudassar

Asad Jibran Ahmed

Oct 14, 2016, 12:42:48 PM10/14/16
to django...@googlegroups.com
That would depend on the source of the contacts. Do you want contacts from the users phone? I think those are in the vCard format, so you'll need a library to read that. If you're looking for something like importing contacts from Gmail, LinkedIn, etc, there are libraries for each of those sources as well.

What's your source?

M Hashmi

Oct 14, 2016, 6:26:22 PM10/14/16
to django...@googlegroups.com

I was hoping to find a combine platform where at least variables are same for POP/IMAP mail servers such as hotmail, yahoo, gmail and few others. Idea is to let user import their contacts.

Between congrats on success for your new book "Django Project Blueprints" as it is been part of curriculum by two IT institutes known to me those teach Django. I am reading it and its nice.

If there is combine platform I would use that lib due to timing constraints coz stuck in work.

Mudassar

Asad Jibran Ahmed

Oct 14, 2016, 6:38:40 PM10/14/16
to django...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! It's nice to hear my book is useful to someone out there! :)

Back to your question, have you tried this: https://github.com/mengu/django_contact_importer

M Hashmi

Oct 14, 2016, 6:53:39 PM10/14/16
to django...@googlegroups.com
This is outdated but let me see if I can port it to upgraded version and make it useful for others as well.

Mudassar