Adding Microsoft Word Editor to Django

Shittu Abdulrasheed

Feb 1, 2023, 3:16:27 AM2/1/23
to Django users
Good day my co django-developers

I have a project going on for my client and he want a features where users will be able to upload a word documents file and he/she will be able to edit the documents in our app just like editing in msword and save it back to our database.
How can i acheive that?
I have try Many WYSIWYG but it is just only displaying the html format without the sytles included eg. Ckeditor,Tinymce.

Thanks in advance

o1bigtenor

Feb 1, 2023, 6:52:27 AM2/1/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
Methinks that you get to write a WYSIWYG text editor for that client.
Might be easier for the doc owner to do their editing on their own
software and then uploading the final doc.
If that needs editing - - - well then someone downloads the doc shifts
it back to a word processor file from pdf
does the editing changes back to a pdf and then uploads the now edited
file. That process is fraught with
possible gotchas - - - I can see why you might want such an
application - - - don't know of one though.

Maybe someone else has a better idea?

HTH

Thiago Luiz Parolin

Feb 1, 2023, 7:34:29 AM2/1/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
There are some alternatives that I can think of.

Etherpad is a web editor that has a plugin for import docx documents

If you can use php:

If you can use odf instead of doc:

This is just my 2 cents, and I have never used these before.
I hope this helps.

Thiago