Using Admin to manage users that is not in django

Thiago Luiz Parolin

Mar 20, 2022, 10:52:56 PM3/20/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi.
I am trying to make a web app to manage samba AD DC.
Using python bindings from samba, i can access users/groups/features of our directory.
What i want is:
 - How can i use the django admin to manage AD? Because all the user base is inside samba, not in django.
 - Or i need to build my own 'admin'?

Thanks for any advice.

Aldian Fazrihady

Mar 20, 2022, 11:27:37 PM3/20/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Django admin is so coupled to Django models.
Django admin is customizable.

If you want some "integration" with your existing Django admin that is already linked to your existing models,
you can edit the Django admin index page template and put the link to your Samba AD DC management page.
Your Samba AD DC management page will be an ordinary Django app.

Thiago Luiz Parolin

Mar 21, 2022, 6:40:56 AM3/21/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!!
I will follow your instructions. I think this will be enough for my app.

--
Thiago Luiz Parolin