Reusable Chat Application for Django Developers

Ahmed Ishtiaque

Mar 18, 2019, 5:44:07 PM3/18/19
to Django users
Hello everyone,

A couple of months ago I was trying to check if I can use any of the apps that appear in Django Packages Chat section but it seems like none of them are maintained very well. So I decided to build an open source chat project based on the latest Django Channels and WebSocket technologies. The goal of this project is to have a chat application that can be easily plugged in to an external parent project and would work right out of the box.

I would appreciate any feedback/contribution on this project!

Best,
Ahmed

Aldian Fazrihady

Mar 18, 2019, 9:10:25 PM3/18/19
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ahmed,

Congratulations for the open source project.
My website is also using Django Channels for its chatting feature. It is awesome that you can implement the ideas of a framework that simplifies websites to have chatting feature.
When I have time, I will check if I can use this module for my website.

panfei

Mar 18, 2019, 11:00:08 PM3/18/19
to Django users
Congratulations !

Ahmed Ishtiaque <ahmedi...@gmail.com> 于2019年3月19日周二 上午5:44写道:

不学习,不知道

Evans Wahome

Jun 11, 2020, 5:31:14 PM6/11/20
to Django users
Hello Ahmed, After following the procedure this is what am getting

ModuleNotFoundError at /chat/chat/40635ad6-cd8c-4368-a6c7-cb2c4ad5c937/

No module named 'django_chatter.context_processors'

Ahmed Ishtiaque

Jun 11, 2020, 6:10:41 PM6/11/20
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aldian,

I haven't gotten around to updating the docs, but the context_processors module isn't necessary anymore. Someone else had posted an issue about this: https://github.com/dibs-devs/chatter/issues/49 , and I'll try to update the docs as soon as I can.

Best,
Ahmed