eCommerce Search

John Rodkey

Dec 17, 2014, 10:20:22 AM12/17/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi All, I apologize if this has been answered, but what is the best way to search/query a model based on filters.

For example, say we are setting up a shoe site. What is the best way to allow customers to search for shoes by brand, color, size, and/or price.  I would prefer to make these dropdowns in the templates, I'm just not sure how to build this functionality in the view.

I would appreciate any direction.

werefrog

Dec 17, 2014, 3:30:13 PM12/17/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

You might want to search for django+faceted+search. Is it what you're
looking for?

Best regards

John Rodkey

Dec 17, 2014, 4:11:38 PM12/17/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that is what I'm looking for.  I'm new to the Django world and was curious if there is already a good existing package.  I will search for django faceted search.

Jonathan Baker

Dec 17, 2014, 4:20:52 PM12/17/14
to django...@googlegroups.com
Also, check out: https://github.com/alex/django-filter