How to add domain from GoDaddy to Heroku

sunday honesty

Jun 22, 2020, 4:44:51 PM6/22/20
to Django users
Has anyone here added a custom domain from GoDaddy to Heroku?

I have not been able to configure my DNS correctly after following tons of articles online... GoDaddy don't seem to have good customer care for my country and no live support available?

The issue is, I have bought the domain and added it to Heroku and generated the target for DNS.
On Heroku, I entered manage DNS to add the target url generated from Heroku and got a bad request (400) error if I set CNAME to www and value to the target from Heroku. I have followed the exact step I got from online and non is working for me.
Anyone who can help me will be appreciated.

Micah Beckman

Jun 29, 2020, 5:40:21 PM6/29/20
to Django users
I'm having the exact same issue. The helpline folks weren't able to sort it out either.

John McClain

Jun 29, 2020, 6:16:28 PM6/29/20
to django...@googlegroups.com
I was able to do so Micah

it took almost a day to propagate though. How long has it been since you did the redirects

John McClain

Cell: 085-1977-823
Skype: jmcclain0129

Akinfolarin Stephen

Jun 30, 2020, 3:19:44 AM6/30/20
to django...@googlegroups.com
at what point where you stuck can you share may be i can be of help

Micah Beckman

Jul 1, 2020, 1:02:54 PM7/1/20
to django...@googlegroups.com
I finally got it sorted out. Buried deep in the blogs and FAQs they say that GoDaddy is going to be a problem, yet I have seen tutorials that use GoDaddy. Anyway, I got a domain on DNSimple and everything worked out immediately. They have a one-click connection to Heroku. Thank you for responding.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAFujGLxbV5kL47xJsZ2CBuTRiSF%3DEB33hy4MPj-4JUqvmyz9ww%40mail.gmail.com.

Sherif Adigun

Jul 5, 2020, 7:10:56 PM7/5/20
to Django users
Simply point your domain nameservers from GoDaddy to cloudflare.

Then from cloudflare, add the cname record. It's works flawlessly even with ssl