STATIC FILES not working for admin site, projects and apps on DJANGO

abel otugeme

Dec 29, 2018, 10:22:11 AM12/29/18
to Django users
I really need help i have combed through stackover flow and this group but the solutions provided don't work for me.  i use a 32bit windows 7 OS and the latest version of django

Kasper Laudrup

Dec 29, 2018, 11:14:30 AM12/29/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi Abel,
It would probably be easier for someone to help you if you tried to
describe what your actual problem is.

Kind regards,

Kasper Laudrup

abel otugeme

Dec 29, 2018, 9:31:34 PM12/29/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
This is how a site looks when i open it up in my browser.... No CSS! i have done the necessary settings for Django to find the static files

django_error.PNG

Lunga Baliwe

Dec 30, 2018, 11:09:51 AM12/30/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
Please have a look at this link https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.1/howto/deployment/wsgi/modwsgi/ on how to setup static files.
You may also want to run python manage.py collectstatic

abel otugeme

Dec 30, 2018, 2:40:28 PM12/30/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
I have done all that i used the docs first and it did not work. Then i tired this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH-ipgxlJzs

Okware Aldo

Dec 30, 2018, 5:56:48 PM12/30/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
I can have a look if you give me access to the code, we could do teamviewer, or  repo.

Let me know.

Joel Mathew

Dec 30, 2018, 10:24:14 PM12/30/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
Your site has more wrong with it than just static css. Your html is appearing as html. You need to unescape them in template or check your tags

abel otugeme

Dec 31, 2018, 9:23:15 AM12/31/18
to Django users
How do you explain the admin site too? A missing tag in just one part of the html file shouldn't break the entire site. I'll send you the files so you can review them
base.html
home.html
main.css