500 - Internal server error

Sachin Kumar

Jun 18, 2021, 8:40:41 AM6/18/21
to Django users
Hi Django Experts,
I am trying to download a report from the client's PC using the domain name (http://xyz.com/reports/report/?merchant) I am getting the response of 500 - Internal server error. when the timing to generate the report is less than 60 Sec it works but when the report is bigger and it takes more time to generate it gives 500 - Internal server error.
But the same report when I am trying from the server using IP address (http://127.0.0.1/reports/report/?merchant) it completes successfully whatever time it takes it never gives 500 - Internal server error.
I am using Windows 2016 Server and IIS Web Server. The development platform is Python 3.8, Django and PostgreSQL.
Please Help me fix this issue

Regards
Sachin

Kayode Oladipo

Jun 18, 2021, 9:03:20 AM6/18/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
Set DEBUG=True temporarily and see what's causing the error, or check your error logs.

Sachin Kumar

Jun 19, 2021, 5:01:21 AM6/19/21
to django...@googlegroups.com, Kayode Oladipo
Thanks, Kayode for the reply,

it's already enabled but still can't see any details. I am really trying to fix it for the last month but not able to any help or
suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Please help me out.

Sachin

--

Best Regards,
Sachin Kumar

Kasper Laudrup

Jun 19, 2021, 6:41:52 AM6/19/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
On 19/06/2021 10.59, Sachin Kumar wrote:
> Thanks, Kayode for the reply,
>
> it's already enabled but still can't see any details. I am really trying
> to fix it for the last month but not able to any help or
> suggestion will be highly appreciated.

As Kayode already mentioned, you need to check the logs on your server.
Have you figured out how to access those?

Kind regards,

Kasper Laudrup

OpenPGP_signature

Sachin Kumar

Jun 19, 2021, 11:31:31 AM6/19/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
thanks all for the help, I found the solution it was related to Web Server IIS configuration.