Django plugin

Andreas Kuhne

Jun 11, 2015, 3:03:27 PM6/11/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a plugin application for Django. What I want to accomplish is react to different kinds of events on my models and then create plugins on the fly for them.

The system I am working on has for example an Order model. When a new Order is created, I want to send a notification to the person who created the order. I know that I can do this with signals, but I don't want it to specifically be tied to a Django application.

I was thinking something along the lines of using RabbitMQ for example to post all events there and then be able to react on them later. Has anyone done anything like this?

I have seen Celery, but as I understand that, it takes some method to run like a delayed job?

Regards,

Andréas

Tom Evans

Jun 12, 2015, 5:00:00 AM6/12/15
to django...@googlegroups.com
Celery is (usually) built on top of an AMQP broker. AMQP was developed
to support High Frequency Trading (HFT) and is ideal for publishing
events and taking actions based upon them. I'd suggest reading this
blog post:

http://blogs.digitar.com/jjww/2009/01/rabbits-and-warrens/

and then the docs for Kombu, which is an excellent messaging library for python.

http://kombu.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

AMQP is not the only message bus, but we've had great results with it
(using rabbitmq).

Cheers

Tom

Mario Gudelj

Jun 15, 2015, 5:46:57 PM6/15/15
to django...@googlegroups.com

You can use celery and periodic tasks to scan for new orders every 5 minutes and send email notification of the new order is there.