django-admin makemessages --no-obsolete doesn't seem to be working

Kishor Pawar

Mar 18, 2018, 10:19:37 AM3/18/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
First of all, I am expecting `--no-obsolete` would comment out `msgid` and `msgstr` if `gettext` is deleted, right?

How I am testing is:

1. I wrote `gettext("some string here")` in view
2. I ran `makemessages` command
3. It wrote a `.po` file as expected
4. Then I deleted `gettext()` line from view and saved file, verified `runserver` working.
5. I ran `makemessages --no-obsolete` and it has not made any changes to `.po` file.

`.po` file content extract .

#. Translators: This message is a test of wrap line
#: servers/views.py:31
msgid "Do let me know if it works."
msgstr ""

Kishor Pawar

Mar 19, 2018, 8:23:51 AM3/19/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
All my emails never are responded, i'm thinking they not going to discussion list. Someone can reply anything just to let me know.

--
Thanks & Regards
Kishor Pawar

The Trouble with the world is that Stupids are Full of Confidence and The Intelligent are Full of Doubts.

Ramiro Morales

Mar 19, 2018, 9:43:06 AM3/19/18
to django...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 11:18 AM, Kishor Pawar <kris...@gmail.com> wrote:
First of all, I am expecting `--no-obsolete` would comment out `msgid` and `msgstr` if `gettext` is deleted, right?

AFAIK there is no  (and there wasn't ever) a `--no-obsolete` modifier to the makemessages command.

Did you read about that somewhere? Can you post a link?

--
Ramiro Morales
@ramiromorales

AlainWebDev