No module name 'taggit'

Awobode Emmanuel

Apr 29, 2023, 5:47:28 PM4/29/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
I am to add tag functionality by installing django-taggit. I did so, added taggit to INSTALLED_APPS and updated my models.py file. But I get an error of 'No module name "taggit" when I  run makemigrations'. When I did 'pip freeze', taggit is present in the listed packages. Can someone help me out with this
1682777224662_image.png
image.png
1682777217724_image.png

ALBERT ASHABA AHEEBWA

Apr 29, 2023, 6:02:20 PM4/29/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
This happened to me once, there was nothing major done to fix it.

This is what I did:
_Reinstall the package
_When you start typing the import, let the editor auto complete on it's own.

Best Regards,

Albert Ashaba Aheebwa
+256 781 435857

On Sun, 30 Apr 2023, 00:47 Awobode Emmanuel, <awobodee...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am to add tag functionality by installing django-taggit. I did so, added taggit to INSTALLED_APPS and updated my models.py file. But I get an error of 'No module name "taggit" when I  run makemigrations'. When I did 'pip freeze', taggit is present in the listed packages. Can someone help me out with this

Awobode Emmanuel

Apr 29, 2023, 6:06:47 PM4/29/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
I re-installed several times and kept getting the same error.

Bhuvnesh Sharma

Apr 29, 2023, 6:09:07 PM4/29/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
Try to re create the virtual env and install all the packages again including taggit.

Awobode Emmanuel

Apr 29, 2023, 6:56:01 PM4/29/23
to django...@googlegroups.com
This worked. Thank you very much.